Regional Council Capital Fund
Funding is for capital-based economic development initiatives intended to create or retain jobs; prevent, reduce or eliminate unemployment and underemployment; and/or increase business activity in a community or region.
Eligible applicants include for-profit businesses; not-for-profit corporations; business improvement districts; local development corporations; public benefit corporations (including industrial development agencies); economic development organizations; research and academic institutions; incubators; technology parks; municipalities; counties; regional planning councils; tourist attractions; and community facilities.
Funds may be used for:
- Acquisition or leasing of land, buildings, machinery and/or equipment
- Acquisition of existing business and/or assets
- Demolition and environmental remediation
- New construction, renovation or leasehold improvements
- Acquisition of furniture and fixtures
- Soft costs up to twenty-five (25%) of total project costs
- Planning and feasibility studies related to a capital project
Contact/Additional Program Information
For more information, eligible applicants should visit http://nyworks.ny.gov/, which includes contact information for the appropriate ESD Regional Office covering the project area.